Pages

Monday, September 5, 2011

Beginner Basics: Tee Shirts


There are a million fashion blogs out there listing all the fall fads, new designers to watch, what skirt length is "in", what pant style and shape is "out", who wears what, and everything in between, but finding a blog that shows you how to use all this information to fit into your life, style, and closet is a rarity. It's a confusing fashionable world out there! So, let's start with the basics, what every woman needs in her closet. My first pick may be a little bit obvious, it's one of the most important and one of my personal favourites...

Tee Shirts! Black, white, colours, stripes, long sleeve, short sleeve, cap sleeve, v-neck, scoopneck, etc... 

I think the Tissue Tee style is the best. They already feel super soft and super lived-in, and go great under winter layers or over tank tops. I prefer v-necks because they can give a feminine style a little more edge. Wide or Scoop necks are very ballet inspired, and currently very "in", and can give you a more feminine and delicate look. My favourite brand is Splendid, but when on a budget (realistically, I should ALWAYS be on a budget ) I like the tissue tees at Target or the great basics offered at American Apparel. As for colour, everyone needs black, white, neutral, and at least 2-3 bold colour options. 

Mossimo Women's Tisue Tee at Target $9.99
This is a great basic and can pair with jeans and skirts. The great thing about T-shirts is that they can be dressed up or down, depending on your accessories.  I'll show you how to make a target Tee super snazzy in an upcoming blog post. American Apparel The Lawn Tee $28.00
This is a very sheer, ballet inspired option from American Apparel. I love this shirt because the neckline is super flattering and feminine. I think this works best with a nude coloured tank, and a hat :)














Unisex Sheer Jersey Loose Crew Summer T-Shirt $22.00

Another great basic from American ApparelAmerican Apparel Sheer Rib Scoop Back Tee $30.00
J. Crew Perfect-fit V-neck Tee $22.50Red is a great colour option for basic Tees. 

1 comment:

  1. YaY I'm so excited about this blog and all the things I'm going to learn from you.

    ReplyDelete